Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Luxury Hat




By Bren
Woodhill Crochet Design Studio
Sept 2005

Almost 1 skein of homespun yarn and ½ ball of fun fur
K hook adult size
J hook young child size

Gauge: 3 dc = 1” I crochet tightly so you may have to go to smaller hooks for right sized fit.
Using homespun yarn
Ch 4, slip stitch into first ch to form ring.

Rnd 1: Ch 3, 11 dc in ring. Slip stitch into top of ch 3. 12 dc. (first ch 3 is a dc).

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each stitch around. Slip st in top of ch 3. (24 dc.)

Rnd 3: Ch 2, (does not count as first st, now and throughout), dc in same st, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st; rep * around. Slip st in top of fist dc. (36 dc).

Rnd 4: Ch 2, dc in same st, dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, * 1 dc in each of next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st; rep * around, slip st in top of first dc. (48 dc).

Rnd 5: Ch 2, dc in same st and next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, *1 dc in each of next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st; rep *around. Slip st in top of first dc. (60 dc).

Rnds 6-10: Ch 2, dc in same st and around. Slip st in top of first dc. (60 dc). At the end of round 10 add a strand of fun fur with the homespun.

Rnd 11: Ch 2, dc in same st and each st around. Slip st in top of first dc.

Rnd 12: rep rnd 11.

Rnd 13: ch 1, sc in same st and around. Slip st in first sc. Finish off and weave in ends.

9 comments:

Kat-Z said...

GORGEOUS!!! I just might make a hat
afterall. :) You see, I don't look
good in them and have avoided them
because of it..this one cannot be resisted!

This and the scarf are made out of my two favorite yarns to combine..so soft and beautiful!

Here's hoping your dream offf designing full time becomes a reality in 2006, for surely it SHOULD!

Best Wishes,

Marilu
Stash Builder extraordinaire since
2005)
(indecisive since 19#%) ;)

A recipe for a lot of dusty yarn
if ever there were one!

PixiePerfect said...

SOOO CUTE! i just learned to crochet in the round and i am SO excited to try this pattern! thx for posting! :P
-Ps. visit my blogger sometime!

Sharon said...

Homespun is always a challenge for me. Between the multi-colors and fuzziness of the yarn, I just can't get the hang of seeing the stitches. But I love your hat. If I weren't so "gaugically challenged," I would try it myself. LOL!

A Musician by Grace

Carol said...

What a great pattern. I am going to make one for me since I have lost my hair due to chemo and need a nice warm hat to keep me warm until summer shows up. Thanks for such a great pattern.

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.

Cathy said...

Made one just this morning in about 2 hours. Easy pattern to work, just count every round before you put that slip stitch in to check your work. It looks great yet is so simple!

hibeyond said...

black boots

Chocolate boots

sand boots

Chestnut boots

gray boots

pink boots

grey boots

pink boots

beyond said...

cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots

Kris said...

This is a really cute hat, but I have a question. I seem to be increasing the stitch count by 1 starting with row 6. I have 60 stitches when I start, but end up with 61 once row 6 is completed. I think that's because of the dc done in the same stitch as the ch 2. While the ch 2 doesn't count as a stitch, by doing a dc in that stitch is basically an increase.

Is that what's supposed to be happening?

Thanks!